FOSTER CARE – FOSTER HOME – FOSTERING WITH BOYSVILLE
The Community-Based Foster Care Program (CBFC) at Boysville is always looking for families who live in San Antonio and the surrounding areas to provide a loving home for children in need. The CBFC provides training, support and financial stipends for families willing to be involved in foster care in San Antonio and become foster caregivers or foster home providers. The CBFC program is responsible for placing children in need of services as well as providing case management, therapeutic and recreational support and opportunities for spiritual growth for foster children. The Community Based Foster Care Program allows parents to live in their own accommodations and provide care for 1-3 children depending on the amount of space and the number of biological children that they have.
Boysville is lucky to work with foster families who provide love, stability and permanency to those children not suited for the residential program. Interested in becoming a foster parent or foster family? If you are interested in becoming a foster parent, please complete the Foster Parent Application and submit your application to the Director of Foster Care, Veronica Caranza. For more information about our foster home and Foster Care Program in San Antonio, call (210) 945-1537.
CRITERIA TO BECOME A FOSTER PARENT
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working with children in crisis who need out of home care.
- Be a responsible, mature adult of at least 21 years old.
- Be physically and emotionally healthy.
- Be financially self-sufficient.
- Be committed to working with traumatized children.
- Have a reliable, registered, and insured automobile.
- Pass a criminal history, domestic violence history and abuse database check. All members of the family 14 years and older must submit to a FBI fingerprint screening
- Participate in pre-service training, including Orientation, PRIDE (Parent Resource for Information, Development and Education), Behavior Management (SAMA), Psychotropic Medication and CPR/First Aid.
- All family members agree to participate in extensive interviews and a comprehensive home assessment.