Watch our video for more info on Boysville’s Foster Care Program!
Giving Hope to Children and Families
Cottage life isn’t always available or the right choice for some of the children who come to Boysville. The Foster Care Program at Boysville gives children an opportunity to live in a family setting while their permanency issues are being resolved.
Since the off-campus foster care program was initiated in 2010, more than 50 children have achieved a permanent home through reunification or adoption.
CRITERIA TO BECOME A FOSTER PARENT
- Be enthusiastic and committed to working with children in crisis who need out of home care.
- Be a responsible, mature adult of at least 21 years old.
- Be physically and emotionally healthy.
- Married for at least two years or single.
- Be financially self-sufficient.
- Be committed to working with traumatized children.
- Have a reliable, registered, and insured automobile.
- Pass a criminal history, domestic violence history and abuse database check. All members of the family 14 years and older must submit to a FBI fingerprint screening
- Participate in pre-service training, including Orientation, PRIDE (Parent Resource for Information, Development and Education), Behavior Management (SAMA), Psychotropic Medication and CPR/First Aid.
- All family members agree to participate in extensive interviews and a comprehensive home assessment.
If you are interested in becoming a foster parent, please complete the Foster Parent Application and return to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, call (210) 945-1537.
FOSTERING WITH BOYSVILLE
Our team of foster families has been carefully selected and trained with the children’s best interest in mind. One of our favorite models of a dedicated foster family is the Hand family. During their tenure with Boysville, they helped a sibling group of seven children return to their mother’s care with improved social and educational skills. They also adopted a sibling group of four while preparing another brother and sister for an adoptive home with their two younger siblings.
Finding appropriate foster parents who have a similar passion and commitment will help more children find permanency and success as thriving members of the community. In response to the continuing need for foster care throughout Region 8 and the state of Texas, Boysville continues to enhance our services to provide nurturing homes and quality care.
The Community-Based Foster Care Program (CBFC) at Boysville is always seeking families who live in San Antonio and the surrounding areas to provide a loving home for children in need. The CBFC at Boysville will verify and support foster homes in the community. The CBFC provides training, support and financial stipends for families willing to become foster caregivers. The CBFC program is responsible for placing children in need of services as well as providing case management, therapeutic and recreational support and opportunities for spiritual growth for foster children. The Community Based Foster Program allows parents to live in their own accommodations and provide care for 1-3 children depending on the amount of space and the number of biological children that they have.