Boysville relies on the generosity of the community to provide clothing, personal care items and household items to give our children a fresh outlook on life. For information on hosting an in-kind donation drive, please contact Stephanye Almaguer, Community Engagement Manager at (210) 659-1901 or click here to email.
All in-kind donations of clothing or products should be new, with tags and/or in unopened packaging.
As of January 1, 2020, all gently used, in-kind donations should be dropped off at the Boysville Thrift Store, located at 307 W. Olmos Dr, San Antonio, TX 78212.
Due to limited storage and staff, we are no longer able to accept gently-used clothing, household items, or furniture at our campus. The Boysville Thrift Store accepts gently used items for resale. All proceeds from the Boysville Thrift Store provides direct funding to our programs.
To schedule a pick-up of large items*, please call (210) 826-5196 or schedule on-line here: Schedule a Pick up
*Please note that Boysville and the Boysville Thrift Store has the right to refuse pick up of items that are not in good condition (no holes, tears, scratches, etc) or in usable condition. Neither our campus nor our Thrift Store has available staff to repair or refinish items.
Donation items the Thrift Store cannot accept:
- Used Mattresses/Box Springs
- Tube Televisions
- Non-Working/Partially Working Flat Screen Televisions/Electronics
- Non-Working Large Appliances
- Broken/Torn/Faded Furniture
- Stained/Torn/Faded Clothing
- Broken Toys
- Used Underwear, Socks, Bathing Suits
Do you take cars or boats at the children’s shelter?
- We can in some instances. The car or boat must be fully functional with no mechanical issues. Boysville does not have the staff or funds to repair major car issues. We reserve the right to sell the car or boat to raise program funds benefiting the children of Boysville.