Boysville relies on the generosity of the community to help care for over 120 children each day in our children’s shelter. Usually, a child arrives with the clothes on his/her back. Once here, we make sure that all children immediately receive properly fitting clothing and shoes.
Boysville accepts new and gently used items to help clothe our children. Your donation of household items, furniture, shoes and clothes to Boysville create a path to healing for children who have suffered from abuse, neglect or family disruption. Items that are not used on our campus are sent to the Boysville Thrift Store to be sold. Revenue from the Boysville Thift Store provides direct program funding to the children’s shelter of Boysville.
To schedule a pick-up of large bulky items, please call (210) 659-1901 and ask for Laura Haby. Please note that our pickups for children’s donations occur on Tuesday and Thursdays between 10 am and 3 pm.
Boysville is grateful for all that is given to us. However, due to staff limitations and funding, we are unable to accept certain items. We ask that all gently used clothing be non-faded, clean and free of tears, holes, or stains. We cannot accept used underwear, socks or bathing suits.
Children’s shelter donation items we cannot accept:
- Used Mattresses/Box Springs
- Tube Televisions
- Non-Working/Partially Working Flat Screen Televisions/Electronics
- Non-Working Large Appliances
- Broken/Torn/Faded Furniture
- Stained/Torn/Faded Clothing
- Broken Toys
- Used Underwear, Socks, Bathing Suits
Why can’t we accept these items?
- Boysville does not have the staff to repair broken or torn items.
Do you take cars or boats at the children’s shelter?
- We can in some instances. The car or boat must be fully functional with no mechanical issues. Boysville does not have the staff or funds to repair major car issues. We reserve the right to sell the car or boat to raise program funds benefiting the children’s shelter and children of Boysville.