Working for a Non Profit in San Antonio
Working for Boysville means adopting our mission as your own. If you’re looking for a non profit job that you can be passionate about, want to improve the life of San Antonio children, and are a hardworking and optimistic individual, you’ve come to the right place! As a member of the Boysville family, your work will directly impact the children at Boysville, the San Antonio community and the non profit community in San Antonio.
Important Employment Information:
All applicants must be able to pass a background check per TX DFPS minimum standards, and all applicants MUST complete a Boysville application with signature.
- Boysville Employment Application
- Be sure to clearly indicate – what position(s) you are applying for to ensure your application/resume is forwarded to the appropriate supervisor.
- Fax to (210) 659-6527 or email to humanresources@boysvilletexas.
Current Available Positions:
We are currently looking for a Development Associate to join our Development/Fundraising team. The right person will identify with our core values of Advocacy, Family, Spiritual Development, Education, Mutual Respect, Dignity, Compassion, and Responsibility. With our mission and these values in mind, the role will be primarily responsible for managing the grant process for Boysville, Inc, to include applications, tracking, and researching new opportunities.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, draft, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Work with administrative staff (to include finance, compliance, and human resources) to gather supporting material necessary to complete grant requests and to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Create, edit and produce stewardship to current donors, including work with Chief Development Officer to provide regular written updates through quarterly newsletters and annual report to individual, corporate and foundation donors.
- Make appointments for Chief Development Officer and CEO with foundation officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees).
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Maintain funding calendar activities to include cultivation and renewals
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, English, Writing, or similar field
- Minimum of two years experience with grant writing.
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments, with the ability to create quality work within tight time constraints
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
Director of Child Placement
The right person will identify with our core values of Advocacy, Family, Spiritual Development, Education, Mutual Respect, Dignity, Compassion, and Responsibility. With our mission and these values in mind, the role will be primarily for leading the Foster Program and growing it throughout the city. Duties include:
- Manage foster care program that includes the following responsibilities: approval of all admissions of children into the child-placing program; approval of foster homes; approval of studies on foster family homes.
- Assist all potential foster parents with services to move them toward verification of their home.
- Provide case management service in absence of case manager.
- Complete monthly administrative report.
- Review, approve and provide suggestions for improvements of plans of service and quarterly reports for the foster care program
- Conduct annual foster home inspections.
- Chair Foster Care staff meetings.
- Ensure training compliance for foster program
- Provide professional supervision of staff including planning for staff development and corrective action in regard to child-placing decisions.
- Provide on call back-up for Boysville’s Case Managers.
- Participate in accreditation of program.
- Provide PRIDE certification.
- Attend various community resource meetings.
- Attend administrator meetings and provide (verbal/written) reports when required.
- Participate in Assessment Team Meetings
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Service Field, Master’s Degree Preferred
- 3-5 years Child Placement Experience, including supervisory duties
- Meet qualifications set by the Department of Family and Protective Services for one who does If this sounds like the position for you, please apply with your resume through Indeed for immediate consideration.
- Preferred Qualifications include LSW, LMSW, and/or CPA License
Youth Care Worker
The right person will identify with our core values of Advocacy, Family, Spiritual Development, Education, Mutual Respect, Dignity, Compassion, and Responsibility. With our mission and these values in mind, this role will primarily provide care and a positive role model for boys and girls from birth to 17 years old. This position requires a High School Diploma or GED with 1-2 years experience in a similar position (some college preferred). Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving history.
Boysville is always seeking married couples for onsite houseparent positions. Boysville employs houseparents to live and work together as a family unit in one cottage. It’s not a simple or undemanding job, but for the right couple, it can be rewarding and satisfying. Houseparents are provided with on-campus housing, in-house training and administrative support. Base salary includes free housing, utilities, basic cable and phone services, plus eligibility for employee benefits package including medical, dental, life, long-term disability and 403(b) defined contribution plan.
Qualifications: The willingness to work with youth who are developing their independent living skills.
*Open until positions are filled.
Please send resume and cover letter to humanresources@boysvilletexas.